I was on Ubuntu at the time and it’s a Windows game. I saved it to my Windows partition, and just got around to installing it. Imagine my surprise when the game gave me an error about a .dll being missing! The .dll in question was MSVCR71.dll. It’s related to the fact that I’m on Windows 7 64-bit and the company doesn’t test on my configuration.
They’re small, and that’s cool, especially since I got an email back from them a half hour after I sent my email with the issue. They said that they were really sorry that the game didn’t work. They suggested I put the .dll I downloaded into the game folder (C:/Program Files (x86)/Notsoft/WytchesBrew) and see if that worked. It did!
Grab the .dll, extract it, and then copy it over to your game folder. Start the game, and the error is gone!
Amazing. I’m really glad it worked.
I’m planning on doing a review of this game when I’ve had a chance to play it, but I wanted to get this little hack out there for others who are on Windows 7.