Does everyone who read this blog have online habits? I’ve found I do. In a typical session I usually do the following
- Open up gmail and check my email
- Respond to email
- Check RSS feeds
- Check twitter/identica/plurk
- Open up Slashdot and see if there’s anything new there (I don’t RSS it for a reason)
- Check Google News, if I haven’t had enough news for the day
- Recheck twitter/identica/plurk
- Read LJ
- Read dA
- Read fanfic (if there’s any new)
I seem to do pretty much steps 1-4 every time I open a browser.
I don’t RSS slashdot because I have plenty of other RSS feeds to worry about, and I don’t really need slashdot and its 40 stories a day. Heh.
Oh. And Consumerist. Damn, that site can really make you waste loads of time. And Lifehacker. *sigh* Maybe I should have my blogs turned off or something. I’m a blog-a-holic! LOL.
We all fall into a rut, whether it’s online or in our life. I don’t particularly mind a rut (as it’s comfortable) but sometimes it’s nice to “shake things up” so-to-speak. I’ll interdisperse all of this other browsing for things sometimes with youtube time-wasting or whatever.
I’ve been getting better at leaving the computer alone. When I have time, I’d sometimes almost rather do other things, but I have a lot of people I chat with on the computer. It’s fun to talk to people from all over the world.