I have downloaded and installed IE7. I know many of you will gasp in horror, but I really wanted to try it again.
- It is pretty fast. Load times are about the same as in Firefox, Flock, and Opera.
- There is a google searchbox.
- Tabs. ‘Nuff said.
- No adblock.
- No flashblock.
- No plugins.
- No skins.
- I have difficulty opening new tabs with the middle click. I don’t know if it’s my computer or if it’s IE. That is irritating, to say the least. I want instant opening tabs.
- A MS product. Although that can’t be so bad, can it?
- Bloody verification before install. This kills me. IE should be allowed to be installed on any MS OS, even if it’s not legit.
- ActiveX. ‘Nuff said
So you see, I have mixed feelings about it. I won’t be using it for main browsing, but just to play around with. We’ll see how it handles lots of tabs open.
Flock is better than before! w00t!
No, seriously. Once I got the bookmark thing figured out, all went smoothly. You can assign tags to different bookmarks to search for them easier.
It seems lighter weight than Firefox and a hair faster. I like the way it looks and feels. It doesn’t “do it all” but still does mostly what you need it to.
Grab it here and try it out.